BOULDER – NextCycle Colorado, a system intended to enhance manufacturing methods for recycled or recovered articles in Colorado, will host a pitch level of competition on Wednesday, June 22, 2022 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. at eTown Corridor in Boulder, Colorado. Through the competition, businesses looking for to connect with private traders will pitch impressive concepts from diverting plastic squander into new uncooked resources, to resourceful makes use of of compost and scrap tires.
The level of competition is the fruits of NextCycle Colorado programming, which pursues imaginative suggestions to enhance recycling and composting end marketplaces — firms that manufacture new goods from recycled resources. This year’s function will showcase nine groups that invested the final four months obtaining mentorship from field leaders, matter make any difference professionals, and technological help from Useful resource Recycling Systems.
“This is an exciting time for recycling in Colorado, as we’re putting progressive initiatives in movement that have the probable to really go the needle and improve recycling costs statewide,” said Jill Hunsaker Ryan, government director of the Colorado Division of Public Health and fitness and Environment. “NextCycle has aided foster vital innovations from nearby enterprises, and I glance ahead to the creative solutions these latest teams carry to Colorado.”
“By investing time and sources into the teams, NextCycle Colorado produces much better recycling companies for the condition,” stated Kendra Appelman-Eastvedt, Recycling Grants Supervisor at CDPHE. “These corporations will create new jobs, solutions, and services, and most importantly continue the momentum towards our objective of recycling a lot more in Colorado.”
The NextCycle plan selects new and increasing companies and businesses through a competitive application system, and offers value by connecting groups to methods and know-how desired to attain a issue wherever they’re all set to get investments and put into action their strategies. NextCycle groups have been awarded about $1.5 million in Recycling Methods Financial Prospect program grants from CDPHE since the program’s inception in 2018.
The teams that will be showcased 2022 pitch opposition include:
- An early-phase crew consisting of Nationwide Renewable Power Laboratory experts Kevin Sullivan and Mikhail Konev, who are building a new technological innovation to convert plastic squander into usable raw resources for producing.
- Colorado Earth, based in Golden, is a regional manufacturer of sustainable developing materials built from leftover and squander quarry materials and other recycled supplies.
- Compost Queen has a hyperlocal compost procedure in Fort Collins. They partner with spot farms to compost household food items waste by hauling and processing, and also offer instructional providers to the community.
- Delta Brick and Climate Company, located in Montrose, works by using sediment from the Paonia River and recycled glass to make inexperienced constructing materials for Colorado’s increasing inhabitants.
- Docupots generates 100% recyclable and compostable seedling pots from submit-consumer recycled paper in Sterling.
- Components Mountain Compost is a rural composting procedure in Salida. They divert and process organic and natural materials for inhabitants and businesses.
- RepEATer is a reusable container company based mostly in Boulder that companions with eating places and food stuff delivery products and services to lessen waste and costs.
- T2GR (Tires To Environmentally friendly Recycling), based in Hudson, transforms scrap tires into rubber for athletic fields, molding, and other works by using.
- Trash Panda develops innovative goods in Aurora with 100% recycled plastics in the quickly increasing sport of disc golf.
“Colorado NextCycle supports enterprises and businesses at every single stage,” explained Juri Freeman, Running Principal at Source Recycling Systems. “The condition has immense entrepreneurial expertise, and the Pitch Competition is the chance to elevate the teams and get their corporations to the future stage.”
Bolstering NextCycle’s initiatives is a new regulation approved previously this thirty day period that will make Colorado’s first Round Financial system Enhancement Centre, which aims to empower Colorado organizations to create merchandise applying elements that Coloradans recycle. The centre will assist CDPHE reach its dedication to increasing how a lot inhabitants are recycling throughout the point out.
The Colorado NextCycle pitch competition is no cost and open up to the community. Investors, funders, business and neighborhood leaders, media, and any individual intrigued are invited to show up at.
Please visit Colorado NextCycle Pitch Competition for additional facts, or to register to go to.
For extra info on Colorado NextCycle programming, make sure you check out the Colorado NextCycle site or email [email protected]ecycle.com.