Google wants to give Africans R1.3m just about every for news-business suggestions, amid Australian war
- Applications for the next round of the Google News Initiative Innovation Problem across the Africa region just opened.
- Projects that qualify can obtain grants of up to R2.2 million. Or, in fantastic situations, perhaps even far more.
- Any person from freelancers to firms can use.
- “Jobs can be experimental”, but ideally Google is looking for tangible strategies to build new profits streams for media organisations.
- Australia and massive tech providers are at present at war about media funding, and the battle looks most likely to spill over into Europe.
- For much more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
Apps have just opened for a new spherical of a Google-funded scheme to help media organisations in the African region boost their revenues – as tech giants combat it out with Australia about funding news.
The Google News Initiative Innovation Challenge offers up to $150,000 (R2.2 million) in funding for selected suggestions,